Welcome to show 21 of the Content Champion podcast. In this episode, I'm discussing content syndication with expert marketer Brian Rice of Business2Community (B2C).
Despite this being only a part-time endeavour, Brian and his business partner have built the B2C audience to over 1 million unique monthly visitors, with a healthy revenue coming from onsite advertising and webinars.
What Is Content Syndication?
Listen to Brian's fascinating interview to find out...
Brian's unique model of permission based RSS syndication means that everyday he can publish high quality articles from experts across the Web – bringing fresh, valuable content to his community.
An ingenious and creative online entrepreneur, Brian started out by writing all the content for B2C himself, but soon realised there was a more profitable way of running the blog that would add even more value to his now millions of readers – and the process of how this evolved is the fascinating story he shares with us today.
In our 40 minute chat we covered a load of great points, including:
- Brian's career history and how he got started online
- How B2C got started and then evolved into using its current syndication model
- The technical aspects of setting up a high quality, human edited RSS syndication system
- How Brian's approach pleases both human readers and the search engines
- Why it's a good idea to blend unique, original content with your syndicated articles
- How we can use this model to syndicate certain types of content to our sites
- How he attracts authoritative writers to syndicate their content with B2C
- The types of content that get the best results in driving traffic to your blog
- How B2C is monetized and the results of some of these strategies
- Why on-page conversion optimization is at the heart of his success with B2C
- How Brian sees this model evolving over the next 12 months
- What trends Brian sees developing in the content marketing space over the next year
Plus! The PS Question! Brian shares a great ‘content mapping' strategy with us that you won't want to miss, so make sure you listen right to the end!
Items mentioned in this edition
- Business 2 Community
- Content Marketing Institute
- Boost Blog Traffic
- Business Insider
Where to get The Content Champion Podcast
You can listen to the latest edition of the podcast below, or join my feed directly here: https://www.contentchampion.com/feed/podcast/
Alternatively, you'll find the podcast on iTunes and Google Play.
Thanks for listening – please leave a review on iTunes if you like what I'm doing 🙂