Welcome to show 21 of the Content Champion podcast. In this episode, I'm discussing content syndication with expert marketer Brian Rice of Business2Community (B2C).
Despite this being only a part-time endeavour, Brian and his business partner have built the B2C audience to over 1 million unique monthly visitors, with a healthy revenue coming from onsite advertising and webinars.
What Is Content Syndication?
Listen to Brian's fascinating interview to find out...
[smart_track_player url="http://traffic.libsyn.com/contentchampion/CC021.mp3" social="false" ]
Brian's unique model of permission based RSS syndication means that everyday he can publish high quality articles from experts across the Web – bringing fresh, valuable content to his community.
An ingenious and creative online entrepreneur, Brian started out by writing all the content for B2C himself, but soon realised there was a more profitable way of running the blog that would add even more value to his now millions of readers – and the process of how this evolved is the fascinating story he shares with us today.
In our 40 minute chat we covered a load of great points, including:
- Brian's career history and how he got started online
- How B2C got started and then evolved into using its current syndication model
- The technical aspects of setting up a high quality, human edited RSS syndication system
- How Brian's approach pleases both human readers and the search engines
- Why it's a good idea to blend unique, original content with your syndicated articles
- How we can use this model to syndicate certain types of content to our sites
- How he attracts authoritative writers to syndicate their content with B2C
- The types of content that get the best results in driving traffic to your blog
- How B2C is monetized and the results of some of these strategies
- Why on-page conversion optimization is at the heart of his success with B2C
- How Brian sees this model evolving over the next 12 months
- What trends Brian sees developing in the content marketing space over the next year
Plus! The PS Question! Brian shares a great ‘content mapping' strategy with us that you won't want to miss, so make sure you listen right to the end!
Items mentioned in this edition
- Business 2 Community
- Content Marketing Institute
- Boost Blog Traffic
- Business Insider
Where to get The Content Champion Podcast
You can listen to the latest edition of the podcast below, or join my feed directly here: https://www.contentchampion.com/feed/podcast/
Alternatively, you'll find the podcast on iTunes and Google Play.
Thanks for listening – please leave a review on iTunes if you like what I'm doing 🙂