Hello again, it's time for episode 16 of the Content Champion podcast. On the show this time I'm speaking with part time online business builder and freelance marketing expert John Banks.
With two successful products to his name already, John maintains a vibrant blog and also contributes articles to an online marketing community – all in his spare time after working his day job as an electrical engineer and looking after his family.
I really respect what John is doing to build an online business legacy that will benefit his children – and after his great support of this podcast on social media – was delighted to be able to gain some insights into his part time Internet Marketing business.
John has only been doing all this for just over a year, and in that time he's learnt by experience what works for him and what doesn't – and in this podcast he generously shares that expertise with us.
In our 45 minute chat, we discussed a load of topics – including:
- How John manages his time between his day job and his online business
- Where he gets the ideas for his products and how he structures them
- The importance of focus and not being distracted by ‘the next best thing'
- How he creates sales letters and other content for his marketing channels
- Why recruiting affiliates is key to success in selling your products
- Where content marketing fits into his promotional strategy
- How John uses video to make and market his information products
- How he finds the time to write for two separate blogs
- What social media channels John is active on and why
- What trends he sees developing in online marketing over the coming year
Plus! The PS Question! John lets us in on a great advanced strategy that will help you drive more traffic!
Items mentioned in this edition
- 30 Minute Infographics
- Video Promo Cash
- Gain Higher Ground
- Reed Floren
- IM Impact
- The Sales Lion
- Earn It. Don't Buy It. by Jim Tobin
- Facebook's Teenage Exodus
Where to get The Content Champion Podcast
You can listen to the latest edition of the podcast below, or join my feed directly here: https://www.contentchampion.com/feed/podcast/
Alternatively, you'll find the podcast on iTunes and Google Play.
Thanks for listening – please leave a review on iTunes if you liked John's show.