Hi guys, it's time for the 13th session of the Content Champion Podcast. On the show this time round is Steve Scott, the best selling author on the Amazon Kindle platform who makes a cool $9,000 a month from his ebooks, (and he also makes more from his affiliate marketing blog).
Steve was very generous with his time, and shared a step-by-step strategy for making a living as a Kindle ebook author, (if you're prepared to work for it :-)).
We spoke at length covering every aspect of researching, drafting, writing and marketing your ebook – and topics include:
- Why Steve started writing Kindle ebooks
- Background on the Amazon Kindle platform and how it can benefit authors
- How to research what type of ebooks will be successful
- How to structure and format your ebooks
- Productivity tips to help the writing process
- What length your finished ebook should be
- Effectively proofreading your work
- Writing a great ebook title
- Getting an attractive cover made
- Pricing strategies for your ebook
- How to upload your work to the Kindle platform
- The two main ways to market your ebooks
- Using reviews to improve your writing
- Mistakes to avoid when writing your ebooks
- Why consistency and persistence are key to your success
Plus! The PS Question! Steve shares his two main advanced techniques for being a successful Kindle author!
Items mentioned in this edition
- Steve Scott Site
- Steve Scott Ebooks
- Habit Books
- KDP Select
- Tom Corson-Knowles
- Amanda Hocking
Where to get The Content Champion Podcast
You can listen to the latest edition of the podcast below, or join my feed directly here: http://www.contentchampion.com/feed/podcast/
Alternatively, you'll find the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, the Blackberry network and Zune.
Thanks for listening – please leave a review on iTunes if you like what I'm doing!