I can't believe we're already up to episode number 40 of the Content Champion podcast, it's been an amazing journey already. This time, I'm thrilled my guest is the ‘Social Media Bloke' himself, Andrew McCauley of Autopilot Your Business.
Listen to the podcast
A highly skilled digital marketer and social media expert, Andrew is also a talented podcaster, prolific author and a regular on the speaking circuit.
The post we did together on how to triple your traffic with Twitter is still one of the most viewed on this site – so when Andrew agreed to be my guest on the show I was really delighted.
It's fair to say that what Andrew doesn't know about generating traffic is quite simply not worth knowing, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to discover what's working right now in terms of techniques and tactics he's successfully using.
Andrew is a laid back guy who was very generous with his time for this call – and the value he delivers should provide you with enough ideas to really start shifting that traffic dial.
Our chat included the following areas:
- How Andrew got started in social media and digital marketing
- Which social media channels are hot right now, and why
- What proven SEO and link building tactics Andrew is using
- A look at the podcasting and video work he's doing to drive traffic
- Offline tactics that are helping to generate online visitors
- Why we need to get creative with our traffic generation techniques
- What trends Andrew sees developing in online marketing this year
- Where we can find Andrew online to access his content, products and services
Plus! The PS Question! We discuss a tried and tested traffic technique you definitely should be using!
Resources mentioned in this show:
- Autopilot Your Business
- Andrew's Podcast
- The Social Media Bloke
- Triple Twitter Traffic Technique
Where To Catch The Content Champion Podcast
You can download and listen to my latest podcast using the players on this page, or click here to listen to the show on iTunes.
You'll also find me on Stitcher, Zune and the Blackberry network.
How About a 5 Star Review?
Thank you very much for listening, I really do appreciate it. If you like the podcast, why not leave me a 5 star review on iTunes when you get a moment 🙂 (Here are some instructions on doing that so you can make my day!).